Friday, January 07, 2005

a sweater in design!

Okay, since I was pretty bummed about my sock, I wanted to work on something else. So instead of picking up one of my numerous WIP's, I am starting a new one LOL I was chatting with glittrgirl and bensmumma, and realized I could finally use some yarn I had in my stash (Soho side-by-side...two thin strands together, one black and one white) by using my new book, Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy book of Sweater Patterns. Fantastic! Here is my swatch. My camera doesn't have macro-focus, so it's a tiny bit blurry, but you can get the idea. and excuse the chipped nail polish :)



I get five stitches to the inch on size US7 needles. I am making a raglan, v-neck, with 2X2 ribbing at edges and up sides/under sleeves and a ribbed neck band. I cannot wait, I can totally picture the finished garment. Wish me luck!

No comments: