Monday, October 06, 2008

Kmart totals

Went back on Friday and paid just tax, Matt stopped in Saturday and paid just tax, I went yesterday and paid for some makeup and I now have our 5-day grand total.

These three last trips totaled:
Propel: $1.00 ($.50 coupon doubled) = 10 FREE
Visine: $3.99 ($2.00 coupon doubled) = 2 FREE
Johnson's Buddies Soap: $.99 ($3.00 coupon, full value) = -$.03 for 3
Right Guard Deodorant: $1.99 ($1.00 coupon doubled) = FREE
Physician's Formula Eyeliner: $3.17 after 40% off sale, $1 coupon doubled = $2.31 for 2
GREAT price on the makeup, since I LOVE that brand.

Sale Totals:
Items before coupons: $129.37
Coupons used (doubled amount): $120.70
Cash before taxes: $8.67
That's a total savings of 93.3% over regular (sale) prices.

Rumor has it they will be doing this a few more times because they seem to actually make money due to how they can claim/expense the double coupon value. Also, they don't restock during the sale (not at any store I was at) so they only sell a limited quantity of these "free" items. Also, they got me in the store, didn't they? I haven't gone to Kmart in over a year, and now I spent about $10 with tax the past 5 days *snicker*

Watch for an "FAQ" post of sorts, explaining acronyms and the like, base don requests from friends

No comments: