Thursday, November 30, 2006

more bloggage!

yes, that's right. two days in a row.

we stopped in the little thrift store tonight. wandered into the back room where i don't always go since it is usually just toys.
and got this:




for $5. yeah. a steal. especially when i got it home and cleaned it and it looks pretty much brand new. love it.

but what's inside?







YES. green sock yarn. KP former "Color Your Own" now just the Bare Fingering Weight. 100 grams, decided on 5 packs of lemon-lime kool-aid. simmer, 30 minutes later clear water gave me that. now it's cooling so i can rinse (splashed some vinegar in with the cooking. will probably do another vinegar rinse just to be safe). Then it will become Cablenet. My other skein i will try and handpaint a bit in shades of red/pink to make Pomatomus and the failed Jaywalkers of LL shepard sock will become Falling Leaves. Yet I don't like knitting socks, hehe. But Pam has given me confidence these will fit my big ol feet.

Now to get some sleep so i can get up and see if schools are closed, hehe.

3 comments:

LaBean said...

YAY for Bright GREEN yarn!! I need to get back into my dyeing frenzy... I also need to hit up thrift shops too!! :)

Bezzie said...

Ha! I was going to say when I saw that pot at first I thought to myself it looked like a *great* yarn dyeing pot! Excellent score!

Lisa P said...

Nice color there! And for $5 that pot is a steal! :)