Tuesday, March 21, 2006

a night out on the town

and some knitting...


yup yup. i am LOVING this top-down thing. for sure. and it has a STEEK. man oh man. it is quite liberating to not really be using a pattern. just the guidelines. and using about 30 balls of recycled, dyed yarn. haha. it is the softest stuff! and bulky (3sts/inch) so it is going really fast.

then we have my delicious dinner:

Salmon cooked on a cedar plank, smothered in BBQ sauce, with mashed potatoes and corn stuff. oh goodness. the size and taste was worth the price ($19) and really, it was quite reasonable. for two dinners, a cosmo, glass o wine, liquored up coffee and a latte, plus tip and ridiculous city tax, total was $83. and SO GOOD.

and the happy couple:

5 comments:

Lisa P said...

Eep! Steeking... you are a braver woman than I. I know, I know I don't have the self control yet, nor the sanity to survive attempting a steek. :P

Gina said...

I am a fan of the top down patterns. I wish more designers made use of it. Looking forward to the finished garment.

Ceci said...

Ooh, steeking... haven't tried that. But yes, I too am a fan of the top-down. May I say, what a fahncy lookin' dinnah! I love the mashed potatoes in the squirty, hee hee. You look like a happy couple. :) HUGS to you. Have missed you.

Elizabeth said...

You are the cutest couple in the world!

Anonymous said...

oh my...that looks deeelicious!

and the vogue sweater looks great! :D